Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Raspberry Pi Controlled Cricut to cut SVG files

Raspberry Pi with 512M RAM loaded with 2012-12-16-wheezy-raspbian.img on a Lexar 2G Micro SD (Class unknown)


First of all I want to test it out by cutting a pie in svg format. I got this logo from wikipedia.


Here is my set up, from my laptop I use UltraVNC Viewer to remote to Raspberry PI. The executable and svg files can be downed from WinSCP. In stead of using a real blade, I am using a pen to plot a Raspberry on a blank paper:



And here is the result:






You can watch the whole procedure here:

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering, how did you set it up on the raspi software end? I'm very interested..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! Can you post the .svg file?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any more info on how to make this happen? I've read the blog post that you put up about it, but everything is pretty vague. I've been able to set a lot of this up, but still having problems.

    How did you install the Cricut Machine as a printer? I can't find it in the list to install drivers for it.

    Where did you get the cutpi.a executable? Or did you create it? Would you mind sharing it with the public?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where this software can be find?

    ReplyDelete